ottawa-metal.com Forum Index

<  Concert Reviews  ~  Immortal in Montreal

Thrasha
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Had such a fuckin blast last night at this show!! Left pretty late from Ottawa and still made it with some time to pre drink right before Immortal went on at about 10pm. Ticket was 65 at the door but scalpers out front had them for 55 so that was cool....completely worth every cent!! Horgh came out first and gave us the salute with his sticks (Fucking massive Mountain Of Might this guy) and they went into All Shall Fall and Abbath came bolting out with such presence and energy just in time to start singing the verse, killer opening...Abbath focused mainly on the guitar parts which sounded brilliant and Horgh was so perfectly in time the entire show. (btw no matter where you were watching from you could see everything Horgh was doing, loved that cause usually you know it's kinda tough to see what drummers are doing. They had an overwhelming presence and the fans sang bassically everything so Abbath did better on guitar than on his vocals but he was so energetic the whole time making hilarious grimful faces and stuff....great times!

I watched the first few songs and had an amazing veiw up close in the 3rd row row but the metalhead BO just got to much to handle and right after I saved this guy bodysurfing from smashing his skull on the floor I surfed right in front of Abbath then headed towards the bar for another.

What happened next was pretty shocking, I was getting my beer and I saw the guy who I prevented from smashing his melon when he was surfin and I DECIDED TO TELL HIM IT WAS ME WHO SAVED HIM THERE HOWEVER he had just lost a big CHUNK OF HIS EAR in the pit so there was blood everywhere and I was quite shocked even as Immortal was playing Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms I was more interested in the guys bloody mangled ear....most fucked up shit ive seen at a show injury wise but at least he had himself a V.I.P. pass so he got to hang with them after but he'll definitely need some type of surgery and somebody cleaning or whatever will find a BIG BLOODY CHUNK OF EAR on the floor.....fucked up shit! After that I watched the rest of the show from the balcony and enjoyed every second! Great show...probably the best and most entertaining black metal show I have ever seen as I ASSUMED it would be.

Hope everybody has a drunken good time at Nunslaughter tonight however I spent all my money on beer and cannot go so hopefully Gordon will write up a reveiw for that!

Immortal's Set:
All Shall Fall
Sons of Northern Darkness
Solarfall
The Rise of Darkness
Hordes To War
Tyrants
Norden On Fire
Mount North
Grim And Frostbitten Kingdoms
Pure Holocaust
Unearthly Kingdom
One By One
Battles In The North
Beyond The North Waves
Withstand The Fall Of Time
Blashyrk (Might Ravendark)
Brother Blue Steel
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote
great show indeed! i was front row center the entire show pretty much. even one of the bouncers was banging his head and singing along with abbath haha.
Thrasha
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
that big fat bald looking guy?? ive seen him at other metal shows in the past, I think he took that job so he could meet all the sweet bands when they come and shit, ive seen him working club soda shows too so maybe he works security for BCI perhaps?
EdenCarne
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote
I have seen this concert it's really a blast, never seen someone can be crazy this much to entertain the public, I just enjoy everything.

Termites are a huge issue for homes and buildings across Australia